Monday, February 25, 2013

D-D-Drop Apotheosis




Helloooo friends! I'm dropping the culmination of my recent hotel project, a large scale Illustration entitled "The Interlopers." This piece is my contribution to the ongoing conversation between artists who, over the years, have added works to this sub-category of populace, isometric illustration. Moebius and Darrow first come to mind, masters that they be, but too children's material such as Full Moon Soup and Where's Waldo have captured my imagination as long as I've been eyeballed. Mind you, I'm not raising this pastiche to the heights of Moebius -praise be his name- but why not throw my hat into the ring? Imitation is, after all, mans biological destiny, spreading ever outward from our first rheumy gurglings. Who by gods am I to betray this noble tradition?! Nobody, that's who. Hail Moebius, His name, His glory...



No comments:

Post a Comment