Saturday, December 8, 2012

In the Land of Pain, Again.


Alas fair readers, I just accidentally deleted the huge post/review I wrote on Alphonse Daudet's 19th century journal of syphilitic madness: In the Land of Pain. That's about where I am right now, I do so hate these machines and their plottings.

Suffice to say it was a crackerjack post and you should check out the book irrespective of computational treacheries. Here also are the accompanying pictures, first being a brief portrait of the writer in question (circa 1894), the second an homage included in a recent comic I was illustrating. I'm a lil'bit heart broken, going to drown myself in hummus. I love you Daudet.

(And I know what you all are thinking, but Daudet wasn't really an anti-Semitic, not a proper one, not one of the heavy-hitters; that was his son. Suuure, he made some missteps, but he was a creature of his times or something. I dunno', I ate cat food as a child...we all have our faults.)



No comments:

Post a Comment